The 2018 Album of Digital Archives and Digital Humanities at Academia Sinica
Since 2013 the Academia Sinica Center for Digital Cultures (ASCDC) has devoted itself to the preservation, creation, and dissemination of culture through digital means. To publicize our work and latest projects, The 2018 Album of Digital Archives and Digital Humanities at Academia Sinica summarizes our story and all the updates.
The much-awaited Digital Humanities Research Platform is going online this October, in hopes of facilitating studies in the humanities with advanced computational assistance. Linked Open Data rewrites data structure such that exchange will gain momentum in crossing boundaries and human-machine collaboration will become more sophisticated. The Open Museum allows for a space where collecting and showcasing are no longer confined to the socially and economically privileged, but a free and friendly one powered by smart toolkit and a reliable ontology to enrich the story that the curator wants to tell. Creative projects at ASCDC present original manga art, digital exhibit, new media archival essays, and public-writing that offers insights on how trends of digital production shape cultural practice and social ethos in the rapidly evolving world today.
Carrying out the main project of "Digital Archives and Digital Humanities at Academia Sinica," ASCDC runs an open, transparent, and reasoned process of managing and coordinating subprojects proposed by other institutes at Academia Sinica. Key developments of the thirteen subprojects in archival studies, archeology, anthropology, history, Chinese philology, and computational application are available in the 2018 album.
Download the album here.
- The Institute of History & Philology’s Project to Digitally Innovate Academic Settings, Institute of History and Philology
- Digital Archives of Geographic Information and Development of Spatial Humanities, Center for GIS, RCHSS
- Digital Archives of Amis and Yami Oral Legends (III), Institute of Ethnology
- In Support of Digital Humanities: Digital Archives of the Institute of Modern History, Institute of Modern History
- Taiwan Historical Archives Digitization & Value-added Project, Institute of Taiwan History
- Gender, Media and the War: Social Networks of Female Members of Guomindang during the War of Resistance against Japan, Institute of Modern History
- Taiwan Folk Religion Audiovisual Platform (II), Institute of Taiwan History
- Artificial Intelligence and Societal Intelligence: Towards a Smart and Innovative Digital Service (III), Research Center for Information Technology Innovation (CITI)
- Information Extraction for Ancient Chinese, Institute of Information Science
- Move beyond Research: A Biodiversity Digital Museum, Biodiversity Research Center
- The Linked Open Data (LOD) Construction of Chinese Rare Books, Institute of History and Philology
- The Conversion of Authority File of Names to Linked Open Data, Institute of History and Philology
- Zoo in Museum (I): Animal of Real and Virtual, Institute of History and Philology