As high summer sets in, do we awaken to discover ourselves in a world steeped in incandescent sunshine that constantly dazzles our eyes?
Do the rays intrude ignored corners and adorn them with arresting patterns? What is amazing with the visible world is that beauty resides in places where there is a keen observer who’d linger and find uniqueness in what habit threats to mortify, and patterns that reflect the changing seasons will emerge as enchanting forms.
The interplay of light and shadow can elevate what is deemed as commonplace, mark a building one passes without looking with stunning features, and give birth to myriad Kodak moments that we’d take as a gift from nature or a charming city.
Cyber Island invites you to capture wonderful pictures hidden in everyday life.
- Please upload your picture and description to Cyber Island. Should you have any inquiry, please check out our FAQ. The currently available interface is in Mandarin.
- There is no maximum limit to the amount of pictures you upload. If your picture has already been published, you are still welcome to share it with us.
- It doesn’t matter how old your photograph is – you may scan or take a picture of previous works.
- Please submit the pictures in JPG format only, with size no smaller than 1024*768 pixel and dpi no less than 72.
- Please fill the description form correctly and thoroughly, including the title, theme/ keywords (up to five), when and where the photo is taken, and what’s in there.
- The official Mandarin title of the picture selection is 紋路光影. To make sure that our staff do receive your pictures, please scroll down the caption list and select 紋路光影.
- Before September 19, 2018, a number of participants will be awarded with a certificate and a designer-made notebook.
- Plagiarism is prohibited. If a plagiarist is founded, he or she will no longer be eligible for the award and will be liable to legal responsibilities.
- Participants are advised to choose a license type to label the picture(s) they upload as they need to consent to comply with the CC terms and conditions.
Find out more